[mswindowsxp] Re: HD labels

  • From: Ted Cotton <tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 15:55:20 +1200

Hi, Joe.

> How exactly are you doing it?

I go to: Start>Run>compmgmt.msc>Disk Management. I then right-click E: (My
removable drive) and click "Properties"> General. I then type BackUps in the
text box at the top. I then get the "Not Sufficient Rights" message. I get
the same result if I right-click "E:" in "My Computer", click "Rename" and
type in BackUps..

> Can you do it for a floppy or your C: drive?

Yes for both. In fact I can rename my floppy drive and the name remains
changed even after I've taken the floppy disk out.

Many Thanks,

Kind Regards
Ted.
--------