[mswindowsxp] Re: HD labels

  • From: Joe Parker <joeparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 10:45:36 -0400

At 07:57 AM 4/7/2004, you wrote:
>   Not exactly - you can change the VOLUME label so that the volume
>will have the identifier you are looking for ... by going into the
>same dialogue that you would use to format the disk you can assign
>a Volume Label - to the removable media.

Not in my copy of WinXP Pro. Disk labels are changed through the disk's
Properties dialog, not directly via Disk Management. But I think he said he
had XP Home so I dunno; maybe this is true there.

If Ted's still wondering how to run things as admin, check out the Help
files for the Run As command. Or simply log in as Admin long enough to set
up the drive.