[mswindowsxp] Re: Creating a Bootable Floppy.

  • From: "Ibrahim, Mustafa" <Mustafa.Ibrahim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:23:47 -0400

Hi Ted,

It turns out this is an issue known to Microsoft. They say problem is:

"This problem occurs on disks that do not contain a media descriptor byte in
the BIOS parameter block (BPB) of the boot sector. Some older preformatted
floppy disks do not contain a media descriptor byte. Older product disks may
also not have the media descriptor byte."

There is a lot more detail in this article here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;140060

I hope this helps mate