[mswindowsxp] Re: Creating a Bootable Floppy.

  • From: Ted Cotton <tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:27:10 +1200

Hi, Mustafa.

> You might be able to confirm this by borrowing a bootable floppy from a
friend or someone else and trying to boot off > that disk.

I have several bootable floppies and I can boot off them all.

> You might also want to check BIOS setup for floppy disk.

That is all correct.

I can perform a regular format okay.

Another problem: When I R/Click my Removable HDD (Samsung SPO411N ) and
select Format, Windows says it can't do it because it's being used. I have
System Restore turned off on this drive and Norton Protected files is empty.
I can only format the drive by using the Disk Management option. This works
okay, but although DiskCheck and Norton Disk Doctor say the drive is okay,
Norton Ghost won't recognise it as a  valid drive. Partition Magic says the
disk is bad and comes up with error number 4 when it tries to format it. I
wanted to create a booable floppy so I could use zap on it.

Kind Regards,

Ted.
----