[moneytalks] Re: GRIPE & POSSIBLE FEATURES

  • From: "Robert C" <rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:31:33 -0700

   My responses below...

ABILITY TO HAVE AN OPENING SCREEN SHOWING ALL ACCOUNTS AND CURRENT BALANCES Otherwise for transactions to be transferred to another account that account
has also to be opened! In my case having to open 19 accounts

Very easy to control tab between accounts. MY will see them all and open to the acocunt that was last opened. A summary of all acounts might be ncie but tho I only have 4 accounts, I see no real gain to that. I had 5 at one time, but 19? Hmmm.

ABILITY TO HAVE A SCREEN FOR REGULAR PAYMENTS
It's hard work trying to remember you have to make , lets say 3 entries on a credit card account - one for the purchase/debit, you might get charged one
amount for cash withdrawn interest, and another for purchase interest.
Whereas having one screen showing you all your regular transactions you do
not have to go in to each account to ensure you have set it up.

I dont have any problem entering transactions in multiple accounts. I enter most transactions (checks and debits etc) as I make them. I enter charges when I look at my online account.

ABILITY TO HAVE A SCREEN FOR CATEGORIES AND WITHIN THIS SUBCATEGORIES
Within this the ability to completely delete those categories you do not
want, they might be inapplicable in your country, ie IRA Contribution. And
say for example I have a category called Insurance and then sub-categories
for such things as home, auto, travel, health and pet.

   Already in MT.  Its in the help file.

ABILITY TO BE ABLE TO CUT, COPY AND PASTE TO ANOTHER ACCOUNT

TRANSFERS - TRANSFERS DO NOT HAVE A CATEGORY AS THE CATEGORY WOULD HAPPEN IN
THE ACCOUNT THE MONEY WAS
TRANSFERRED TO/FROM, SO HAVE A CATEGORY FOR "TRANSFER FROM" AND ONE FOR "
TRANSFER TO"  AND THEN SUB-CATEGORIES WOULD INCLUDE ACCOUNT NAMES

   Already in MT.  F4 hotkey.

ABILITY TO BE ABLE TO TRANSFER FROM & TRANSFER TO IN EACH ACCOUNT AND AUTO
MARK IN OTHER ACCOUNT IF - MINUS) OR + (PLUS)
However the AMOUNT can only be changed in the account in which the transfer
is initiated, though all other details can be changed apart from category
fields, which would contain Transfer To in the initial account and Transfer
From in the receiving account with the sub-category containing the account
name.

   Again, already in MT.  F4 hotkey.

POSSIBILITY TO BE ABLE TO ALT+TAB BETWEEN ACCOUNTS

   Control tab does this already.

ABILITY TO HIGHLIGHT MORE THAN ONE TRANSACTION AND "TRANSFER" SELECTED TO OR
FROM ANOTHER ACCOUNT.