[modeleng] Re: [modeleng]Conway

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:02:11 +0100

Hi,

The problem is probably due to the fact that there is insufficient clearance
in the cylinders at the end of the piston travel .When the loco is placed
down on its wheels the axle boxes move up and change the piston travel,with
the likelyhood that a piston is jammed against a cylinder cover,probaby the
front one. I had this happen on a Winson kit loco. It didn't actually jam
but the piston just kept hitting the end cover. It sounded like a big end
knocking  and it was only after I had redone the big ends twice that I went
looking elsewhere and eventually found the problem.

Regards

Clif