[modeleng] Re: [modeleng]Conway

  • From: "JOHN PAGETT" <john_pagett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:11:16 +0100

Glad to hear it's running free now.

JohnP
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kenneth Swales" <kenwillowbend@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:08 AM
Subject: [modeleng] Re: [modeleng]Conway

Hi All

Thanks for all the advice.  I ended up jamming the
axleboxes in lower position and made sure everything
was free.  Then gradually lowered the engine unti it
jammed up.

At this point one feels a right plonker, because as
she went down onto the springs it jammed up against
the front two brake shoes.  Removed them, gave a bit
more clearance, refitted, jammed the axleboxes at the
highest point and hey presto, one woking steam engine.

Again thanks for the advice.

Cheers

Ken