[modeleng] Re: [modeleng]Conway

  • From: "Jeff Dayman" <jeffdayman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:18:16 -0400

Coupling rods or main bearings on wrong centres at the tops of the axleboxes
maybe? You could try taking out conrod pins or axle boxes one at a time to
isolate the problem. (or one conrod at a time.)

You may need to loosen up fits in the axleboxes, conrods, or both to allow
for the spring travel and eventually rough track. The real thing had lots of
clearance for smooth action.

Good luck, Jeff Dayman