[modeleng] Re: [modeleng] Re: [modeleng] Re: [modeleng] Re: 3½ versus 5

  • From: "Jem Harrison" <Jem.Harrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:52:19 +0100

Thankyou alan,

This is the sort of information that I am looking for.

In our club, virtually all members purchase a boiler.  I would rather have a
go at building one (watch the neighbours step back 5000 paces, rapidly).  My
last experience with a butane torch over twenty years ago, was alarming; it
went up in flames in my hand, was dropped, rolled under the kitchen sink, I
unbolted the kitchen door, top and bottom, and played footy with the flaming
canister until I could kick it into the front garden.  This all took about
twenty seconds, but it felt more like years at the time!

Your comments about backhead fittings is good to know.  Thankyou.

Best wihses,

Jem