[modeleng] Re: Propane vs butane

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:17:55 +0100

Hi Jem

This often happens if you tilt a butane (Soudogaz) torch downwards, as
liquid gets drawn into the burner instead of gas.  I had quite a hairy
experience when soldering water pipes in my loft, after which I vowed never
to use one again.  Nowadays, I always take a small propane cylinder and
Sievert torch with me for such work, it's much safer as the cylinder stays
upright.

Regards
Ron