[modeleng] Re: Winson 14XX

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:36:46 -0000

Hi Garry

A lady member of my club built a Winson 14XX (with assistance from her
husband) and with a little modification it now runs quite well.  Her husband
is building the Winson 9F and it is coming on nicely, now that he has
managed to obtain the parts he never got when Winsons went bust.  However
another member of our club gave up trying to put a Winson 14XX together, and
it seems to have put him off model engineering for good, as he has not
renewed his membership.  Another member went for the Winson Lynton &
Barnstaple Baldwin in 7.1/4" gauge, and he could write a very hefty book
about the problems he has had to overcome!

Regards
Ron Head