[modeleng] Re: Vari-speed motors

  • From: Marian Lynch <sb286643@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:17:04 +0200

Hi,
The solution is simple:
Every AC motor (even triphase)can be made to vary its RPM, with some
electronics.
If you take a motor  (AC) that has carbon brushes (like a power dril, a
hoover etc)
you can make a simple electronic PC board, that varies the RPM.
If you are an electronic novice, "Veleman kit sel a kit, wich is simple
to make an can take
motors up to 1500 watts, I think it cost no more than 25 GBP

Patrick
Flanders