[modeleng] Re: Vari-speed motors

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 06:26:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hubert, being totlly ignorant of vari-speed motors, I
would consider using a single pully on the lathe
spindle, and vary the speed with a Jackshaft
arrangement either behind or underneath with three or
possible even four speed change pulleys.  I'll be
perfectly honest, if I understand you correctly, this
lathe is to be used exclusively for thread cutting?
If so, you won't need a lot of different speeds for
threading, maybe two at the most.

Al