[modeleng] Re: Stuart 6A

  • From: Jeff Dayman <jeffdayman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 17:13:58 -0400

If you have some heavy wall pipe short ends, and some scraps of plate stock,
as well as an electric welder, there's no reason to buy a cylinder casting.
You can fab one easily from stock steel for very little money.

For a flywheel, a cast iron weight from a weight lifting set could be
cleaned up and made to look the part, or one could be fabbed from a couple
of steel rings and a cut steel plate, welded together and cleaned up.

Cheers Jeff Dayman