[modeleng] Re: Mico Mill Problems

  • From: "Wilfried Vermeiren" <vermeiren.wilfried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 20:17:59 +0200

I have the opinion that recently the quality of "hobby" machines is
dropping. Most now seem to come from China instead of Taiwan, with seems to
repeat the old problem of making something decent.
I have a Warco VMC which is from Taiwan, speaks it fluently, which is a
marvellous machine sturdy and precise. The more recent 3 in one plate
working centre is from China and came, not from Warco but locally, with a
manual full of nonsense and is a pile of bits thrown together from a
distance and was only usable as a set of castings. Which pile is now
converted after a lot of work into a nice working machine.
Sadly enough the price, not quality,  is here the prime factor for the
importer in choosing the land of origin.
Regards
Wilfried Vermeiren
http://users.skynet.be/modelbouw.wilfried