[modeleng] Re: Driver quartering

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 05:52:22 -0700 (PDT)

With the Ugly Loco, on the first set, I tried pressing
them on.  Messed up by bending two of the axles and
had to make two new ones.  On Second try, they were
turned to a stiff push fit and Loctited in place.  Oh,
that was after broaching and milling for a square key
as I had not heard about your method at that time.  It
certainly sounds easier for an amatuer like me who is
sadly lacking in broaching and milling equiptment.
Didn't I read one suggestion to tap the hole for a
screw---some where?  Or am I having another Senior
moment?

Al Messer

--- alanjstepney <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>