[modeleng] Re: Drilling quartz

  • From: "Terry Lane" <tel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 05:42:24 +1000

Yo Fingers, the usual proceedure is to glue a mounting onto the stone.

Failing that, a diamond drill running REEEEEL slow in a well (plasticene?)
of suitable lubricant, hang a weight on the 'andle of the drill press & go
away for a coupla hours. You can saw it with two bits of piano wire twisted
together & using valve lapping paste (power hacksaw preferred for this
operation as well.

Laser????