[modeleng] Re: Drilling quartz

  • From: "Tim Rickard" <the_viffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:27:32 +0000

Thanks Clif

That was my original plan but I don't know getting through 1cm is going to
be a barrel of laughs.

I'm trying to put a hole in an ametrine heart which is about 12x10x10 mm. As
small a hole as can mange to thread it so I suppose 1.5-2mm. I rather
thought that'd be too small for the coated copper tube trick.

Whoever made it made it carved it with grooves that look like you can bind
it with wire but when you study it it is just not going to work.

Also it looks like it has a crack which is not going to help any hot process
(not that heating ametrine would be a good idea. Ametrine is part amethyst
and part citrine. How do they make commercial citrine? By heating amethyst.

I appreciate everyones advice.