[mira_talk] Re: MIRA3r4 and memory on Mac OS X

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:59:43 +0100

On Donnerstag 26 November 2009 Peter wrote:
> [...]
> It seems that dealing with BOOST on Mac OS X is complicated
> with 32 bit versus 64 bit versus fat binaries, and what is worse
> things are difference between 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow
> Leopard).

As I said, /compiling/linking under MacOS is bound to give some surprises. And
as Apple does not allow it's OS to run in virtual machines, my support can
only be very limited.

One thing got my attention, though: you should have a look at what type the
library is which is being linked by the MIRA make process (try the 'file'
commmand on the libraries). If you compiled MIRA in 64 bit but the BOOST lib
is 32 bit, then you're on to something.

PS: but still, I had success report for 10.6 ... hmmmmm. I wonder whether they
were 64 or 32 bit.