[mira_talk] Re: MIRA3r4 and memory on Mac OS X

  • From: Jeremiah Davie <jdavie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:57:13 -0500

Peter,
I haven't had a chance to install it yet, but I was under the impression that Mac OS 10.6 was 64-bit native or at least 64-bit compatible. I'm sure you're looking for a better suggestion than "upgrade your OS", but if all else fails (and your other programs can make the transition from 10.5.x to 10.6.x) its at least one more option. I wish I could be more helpful. Best wishes - Jeremiah

On Dec 8, 2009, at 7:41 AM, Peter wrote:

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One thing got my attention, though: you should have a look at what type the library is which is being linked by the MIRA make process (try the 'file' commmand on the libraries). If you compiled MIRA in 64 bit but the BOOST lib
is 32 bit, then you're on to something.

I will look into this next.

That does seem to confirm I compiled BOOST in 32 bit mode only:

$ pwd
/Users/myusername/lib
$ file libboost_system.a
libboost_system.a: current ar archive random library
$ file libboost_system.dylib
libboost_system.dylib: Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386

Peter