[mira_talk] Re: 0.5TB not enough space?

  • From: Robert Bruccoleri <bruc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:29:10 -0400

Dear Iddo,
The run failed because the log files are being written to an NFS mounted filesystem. NFS filesystem do slow things down, so Bastien made Mira stop unless you specifically tell it to continue on NFS.
   Please add -MI:sonfs=no to the COMMON_SETTINGS section and try again.

   Regards,
   Bob

Iddo Friedberg wrote:
Hi,

I have 9582196 mate-paired Solexa seqeunces, 100bp long. The genome I am assembling is somewhere between 700KB and 1.5MB (Mycoplasma).

Anyhow, It seems like I rant out of my 500GB local space for the log files. Is that reasonable? I can increase local scratch space, I just want to make sure that I am not doing something wrong. Seems like quite a bit of space to be used for such an assembly.

Parameters I used:

--project=CCGTCC COMMON_SETTINGS -DI:trt=/localscratch/friedbi/mira_logs --job=denovo,genome,accurate,solexa SOLEXA_SETTINGS -GE:tismin=150:tismax=350

The entire logfile is available here, if someone is interested in more information: http://db.tt/6VxJ8sW

Thanks in advance for any help!

Iddo

--
Iddo Friedberg
http://iddo-friedberg.net/contact.html

begin:vcard
fn:Robert Bruccoleri
n:Bruccoleri;Robert
org:Audacious Energy, LLC and Congenomics, LLC
adr:;;;;;;USA
email;internet:bruc@xxxxxxx
title:President
version:2.1