[mira_talk] 0.5TB not enough space?

  • From: Iddo Friedberg <idoerg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:41:15 -0400

Hi,

I have 9582196 mate-paired Solexa seqeunces, 100bp long. The genome I am
assembling is somewhere between 700KB and 1.5MB (Mycoplasma).

Anyhow, It seems like I rant out of my 500GB local space for the log files.
Is that reasonable? I can increase local scratch space, I just want to make
sure that I am not  doing something wrong. Seems like quite a bit of space
to be used for such an assembly.

Parameters I used:

--project=CCGTCC COMMON_SETTINGS -DI:trt=/localscratch/friedbi/mira_logs
--job=denovo,genome,accurate,solexa SOLEXA_SETTINGS
-GE:tismin=150:tismax=350

The entire logfile is available here, if someone is interested in more
information: http://db.tt/6VxJ8sW

Thanks in advance for any help!

Iddo

--