[minima] Re: Parts list spreadsheet, still work in process

  • From: Sandeep Lohia <sandeeplohia12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 10:52:06 +0530

Jeremy.

Inspired by Farhan somewhere, here I train basic electronics to poor kids...
was on pen & papers, soon I'll be printing a economic book for them (
less then half $ )
any OM can contribute with his text, & in return I can just give them
their names printed in acknowledgement ( in pipeline ).

>    1. Is there a recommended inductor type for all of the filter
>    components? (A toroid type, etc.)
yes, T50 / 2 & 6, air-wound will also work, I homebrewed this :
https://sites.google.com/site/vk3bhr/home/index2-html
 or : http://www.dl5swb.de/html/mini_ring_core_calculator.htm

>    2. Can the 3u inductor near T3 be the same type as the inductors in the
>    filter?
Yes that's better or U can also use 3.3 uh readily available RFC. ( to
pull XTAL )

that is for switching CD4017 : http://www.hfsignals.org/index.php/RF386

>    4. Can all 4 relays be of the same type? I know nothing about relays;
>    what should I be looking for?
here I suggest same as Thomas,
also for relays check component's list attached previously,
or U can also find  fast diode switching by me using here from from
past 6 years.

>    5. There are capacitors labeled "0.01" near Q20, but they don't have a
>    unit. What size are these capacitors?
 .01 = 10nf,  &  0.1 = 100 nf ceramic non-electrolytic.

>    6. There are unmarked electrolytic capacitors. One is near Q11; what
>    size are these unmarked electrolytic caps?
D2 near Q11 is to neutralize opposite charge back from Relay, unmarked
caps can be 100 nf or .1

>    7. There are electrolytic capacitors labeled +50, are these actually
> 50u?
They are 47 uf

>    8. There are four 22p variable electrolytic capacitors; Are these trim
>    caps? Can I see an example? What am I looking for?
Yes, here we use trimmers 27 pf variable polyester film Philips (
three leads), there in States U can find Murata with 2 legs.

>    9. I see 2 10k trim pots, a 1 turn 10k variable pot and a 1 turn 100k
>    pot. Is this accurate?
Yes, plzz cross chek with component list attached previously.

>    10. There is a crystal labeled 16M connected to X2 of the Arduino. Is
>    this a 16Mhz crystal?
Yes.

Thank to U too, for your interest, & M also a learner & still learning...