[minima] Re: Parts list spreadsheet, still work in process

  • From: Thomas Sarlandie <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 11:00:24 -0700

Jeremy,

For the inductor in the BFO, yes you can use the same core and windings as
for the other one. That is what I did.

Even if you are using an external amplifier you will probably need some way
to tell the amplifier which band you are transmitting on so it can turn on
the proper LPF. I don't think there is a standard way to do this. The
fanciest amp will automatically detect the frequency in the incoming
signal, some will use proprietary connections, some will require the user
to push buttons, etc.

73,
thomas