[methmins] Re: The Runaway Train

  • From: "W. John Young" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jyoung656" for DMARC)
  • To: methmins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 11:33:50 +0100

Hello Sara

We received a copy last week. David Hull introduces himself fairly early on and why he has written RT. We haven't taken the dismissive approach of others. David Hull has put a lot of effort into it so we have taken the trouble to read it through. It is heavy going and I could spend a long time analysing it but my brief reflection is that it is misplaced effort, too legalistic and has the idea that Wesley is normative for Methodists and we have been drifting from him, especially since Methodist union, and GILIUU and EDI are the last straws. Did I misread?

grace and peace

John Y

On 23/06/2021 10:55, Sara Cliff (Redacted sender sara_cliff for DMARC) wrote:

Praying for Conference

I do not wish to open a debate about God in Love Unites us...

Simply asking about the unsolicited publication The Runaway Train & who is the Revd Dr David A Hull

Any reflections?

love and prayers

Sara

Thanks