[methmins] Re: The Runaway Train

  • From: "W. John Young" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jyoung656" for DMARC)
  • To: methmins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 12:55:16 +0100

Hello all

The point about holding back so as not to upset other churches was indeed made an issue over women's ordination in the Methodist Anglican conversations although it was agreed in the 1930s that the Methodist Church had no theological objection. Pauline Webb, a member of the 1960s conversation committee, was advised to cool her ardour so as not to put off the Anglicans. It took 40 years of obfuscation before women were ordained. I'm going to mention this in my Sunday sermon. Thanks to Joe and others for long responses. It is clear that some have joined a pilgrimage on same sex and related issues and some haven't.  The Runaway Train disappointed us in its lack of empathy or understanding for those it rejects.

grace and peace

John Y

--
W John Young