[macvoiceover] Re: Programming with VO

  • From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 00:51:17 -0600

On Nov 24, 2010, at 7:32 PM, Bryan Smart wrote:

Travis, this isn't correct. My RenaissanceX library will automatically generate user interfaces at run-time that conform to Apple's Human Interface Guidelines. If you wish, it will also properly format (arrange/size/space) controls, based on their logical relationships. You can override that automatic formatting behavior for a single control, a group of controls, or as much of the UI as you'd like.

Right, all of which is done without interface builder.
The main point of my email was that ibuilder is *not* accessible other than modifying existing interfaces already built in interface builder. I did mention there were other tools, though I didn't specifically mention renaissance, though I do have it, and mono as well, along with sdl, and sfml, all of which can be used to varying degrees to accomplish interface building (some definitely better than others), but the mere fact that the tools provided by apple are *not* usable by voiceover users is a real kick in the pants, since they have put so much work into voiceover itself. It's really a shame if you ask me, but since nobody did, I guess it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.