[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: Sync your Windows Mobile phone to Mac- free

  • From: John Hess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 23:58:33 -0400

I am running sync mate with an ht. TYTN and had the following problem. Apparently a window came up telling me that things were going to be changed on my computer and asking me if I wanted to proceed. The problem is the window did not come in to focus So I thought syncmate was not doing anything. I am not sure how I found this window but would think you could use the window chooser list. When I told it to continue all was well and my address book was now filled with all of the info from my phone. So, try using the window chooser list to see if perhaps there is a window asking a question.

On Oct 9, 2008, at 8:53 PM, Cara Quinn wrote:

Bob, first off, sorry for the delayed response. I've just gotten back into town and have several hundred emails to catch up on.

  Can you detail what you're actually doing step by step?…

Thanks so much and have a lovely evening!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Oct 3, 2008, at 2:48 AM, Bob Hill wrote:

Hi all,

I am attempting to use SyncMate with an original Motorola Q from Verizon.

I must have to do something with an unlock code because I don't seem to be getting any kind of actions.

A guide of some kind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob

On Oct 2, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Dennis Bartlett wrote:

Hello all, I found this interesting.
I test a lot of Windows Mobile phones and a good way to sync them with my Mac would be welcome. There are some commercial applications that will do this but a free solution would be pretty cool. Enter SyncMate from Eltima that will sync a long list of data types between the Mac and the Windows Mobile phone. The free version is pretty functional but a commercial "expert" edition will set you back $39.95 but adds some unique sync capabilities, including iTunes library syncing. Sure you won't be playing your DRM-protected iTunes music on Windows Mobile but the rest will do.

I haven't used SyncMate myself but will likely give it a try due to all the various information it syncs between the two platforms, including contacts, calendar (Entourage and Google supported) and SMS messages. The paid version adds quite a bit of functionality I haven't seen in other sync solutions in addition to the iTunes syncing. Syncing in both versions can be done through a USB connection or via WiFi, something Microsoft saw fit to remove in Windows Mobile 6. If you try SyncMate share your thoughts with everyone here.

Read more…

---
View my Online Portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn