[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: Sync your Windows Mobile phone to Mac- free

  • From: Bob Hill <molliesdad87@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 05:48:50 -0400

Hi all,

I am attempting to use SyncMate with an original Motorola Q from Verizon.

I must have to do something with an unlock code because I don't seem to be getting any kind of actions.

A guide of some kind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob

On Oct 2, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Dennis Bartlett wrote:

Hello all, I found this interesting.
I test a lot of Windows Mobile phones and a good way to sync them with my Mac would be welcome. There are some commercial applications that will do this but a free solution would be pretty cool. Enter SyncMate from Eltima that will sync a long list of data types between the Mac and the Windows Mobile phone. The free version is pretty functional but a commercial "expert" edition will set you back $39.95 but adds some unique sync capabilities, including iTunes library syncing. Sure you won't be playing your DRM-protected iTunes music on Windows Mobile but the rest will do.

I haven't used SyncMate myself but will likely give it a try due to all the various information it syncs between the two platforms, including contacts, calendar (Entourage and Google supported) and SMS messages. The paid version adds quite a bit of functionality I haven't seen in other sync solutions in addition to the iTunes syncing. Syncing in both versions can be done through a USB connection or via WiFi, something Microsoft saw fit to remove in Windows Mobile 6. If you try SyncMate share your thoughts with everyone here.

Read more…