[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: Sync your Windows Mobile phone to Mac- free

  • From: "Jeffrey Shockley, Windows Desktop Edition" <jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 19:12:40 -0400

Well, looks like you just answered my question. thanks!

Jeffrey Shockley
E-Mail:
jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx,
jawswizard@xxxxxxx,
jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx,
jshockley@xxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN:
jeffreyshockley@xxxxxxxxxxx
Yahoo:
jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx
Google Talk:
jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx
AIM:
jawswizard
Skype:
jawswizard

On 10/2/2008 5:51 PM, Cara Quinn wrote:
  I use SyncMate regularly and like it a whole lot.

However, on some models of phone, the device may need to be -application-unlocked' for this to work properly and with complete functionality.

I don't believe there is a list of phones that fall into this category, however, as a user of the latest model of BJ II, I do know that I needed to do this.

One other important note, is that when syncing, one will occasionally get a confirmation dialogue that for me at least, seems to pretty much always come up behind the syncmate window, so it can appear that the sync isn't happening.

Simply use the window chooser menu to find this if it seems that the sync is hanging. The sync should be very fast and works *very* well in my opinion. I like it much better than active sync on the Windows side.

If people would like a 'getting started' guide, I'd be happy to write one, but it will need to wait until I return to LA in a few days. -Miss my beach weather! woohoo!

  HOpe all is well, and catch y'all on the flippers!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Oct 2, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Dennis Bartlett wrote:

Hello all, I found this interesting.

Syncmate <http://jkontherun.blogs.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/02/syncmate.jpeg> I test a lot of Windows Mobile phones and a good way to sync them with my Mac would be welcome. There are some commercial applications that will do this but a free solution would be pretty cool. Enter SyncMate <http://www.sync-mac.com/> from Eltima that will sync a long list of data types between the Mac and the Windows Mobile phone. The free version is pretty functional but a commercial "expert" edition will set you back $39.95 but adds some unique sync capabilities, including iTunes library syncing. Sure you won't be playing your DRM-protected iTunes music on Windows Mobile but the rest will do.

I haven't used SyncMate myself but will likely give it a try due to all the various information it syncs between the two platforms, including contacts, calendar (Entourage and Google supported) and SMS messages. The paid version adds quite a bit of functionality I haven't seen in other sync solutions in addition to the iTunes syncing. Syncing in both versions can be done through a USB connection or via WiFi, something Microsoft saw fit to remove in Windows Mobile 6. If you try SyncMate share your thoughts with everyone here.

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Ef/jkOnTheRun?a=o3HRm> <http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Ef/jkOnTheRun?a=L3qAM> <http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Ef/jkOnTheRun?a=ZUsoM>

Read more… <http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Er/jkOnTheRun/%7E3/409227878/sync-your-windo.html>

---
View my Online Portfolio at: