[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: Sync your Windows Mobile phone to Mac- free

  • From: "Jeffrey Shockley, Windows Desktop Edition" <jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 19:10:47 -0400

Sounds cool! Anyone know if it is accessible?

Jeffrey Shockley
E-Mail:
jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx,
jawswizard@xxxxxxx,
jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx,
jshockley@xxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN:
jeffreyshockley@xxxxxxxxxxx
Yahoo:
jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx
Google Talk:
jawswizard@xxxxxxxxx
AIM:
jawswizard
Skype:
jawswizard

On 10/2/2008 5:27 PM, Dennis Bartlett wrote:
Hello all, I found this interesting.

Syncmate <http://jkontherun.blogs.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/02/syncmate.jpeg> I test a lot of Windows Mobile phones and a good way to sync them with my Mac would be welcome. There are some commercial applications that will do this but a free solution would be pretty cool. Enter SyncMate <http://www.sync-mac.com/> from Eltima that will sync a long list of data types between the Mac and the Windows Mobile phone. The free version is pretty functional but a commercial "expert" edition will set you back $39.95 but adds some unique sync capabilities, including iTunes library syncing. Sure you won't be playing your DRM-protected iTunes music on Windows Mobile but the rest will do.

I haven't used SyncMate myself but will likely give it a try due to all the various information it syncs between the two platforms, including contacts, calendar (Entourage and Google supported) and SMS messages. The paid version adds quite a bit of functionality I haven't seen in other sync solutions in addition to the iTunes syncing. Syncing in both versions can be done through a USB connection or via WiFi, something Microsoft saw fit to remove in Windows Mobile 6. If you try SyncMate share your thoughts with everyone here.

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Ef/jkOnTheRun?a=o3HRm> <http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Ef/jkOnTheRun?a=L3qAM> <http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Ef/jkOnTheRun?a=ZUsoM>

Read more… <http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Er/jkOnTheRun/%7E3/409227878/sync-your-windo.html>