Re: Socket library?

  • From: Richard Hundt <richardhundt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 01:09:33 +0200

On Sep 26, 2012, at 2:20 AM, William Adams wrote:

> I would personally find value in having that LibUV binding standalone.

I've been playing with exactly this at: https://github.com/richardhundt/luv

The code there is *very* fresh (less than 2 weeks old), and I've shamelessly
stolen some pieces from Luvit (soz Tim, I haven't gotten around to adding
proper credits yet, other than a few comments in the sources), but what I'm
aiming for is doing away with callbacks in favour of suspending an resuming
coroutines (and threads) for a more linear programming style.

It also provides binary serialization and ØMQ integration for painless
multithreading. It's a fast moving target, with serious bugs lurking, no doubt,
but I'm having fun with it :)

Cheers,
Richard