[lit-ideas] Re: more cell phone spottings

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:23:15 -0500

TF:1. Did you miss the 'phone before you had one?>>
JK:I missed not having a walk-about phone. I remember thinking how cool it would be if someone figured out a way to make a phone that didn't have to be latched to the wall with the cord.

I thought one of the funniest things in Napolean Dynamite was his EXTRA long phone cord. Thousands of kitchens in the seventies had these. Ours made it three rooms over. After a week's worth of hangups and answers, playing with the cord, spinning around, etc. the cord was wound up like an elastic on a balsa wood airplane. Then you'd have to pull it out in successive lengths and let the receive spin itself back to virtually straight. Then put the 10 foot cord back down the wall behind the dishwasher.

Those were the days my friend.

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada