[lit-ideas] Re: more cell phone spottings

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:14:16 -0500

Neither do I.

> Andy said he uses cans, but I don't. I thought about it. I also cook
pasta, etc., and it's
> all in glass jars. I open maybe five cans in a year. Maybe.

I don't use that many cans.  I usually cook beans, lentils, chick peas from
scratch.  Brown rice.  It's super easy.  I keep cans around only in a
pinch.

> I think the manufacturers use glass because it shows off the product
inside. You can see the
> roasted red peppers, etc.

I put frozen peppers on top of chickpeas, add spag sauce (really good for
lycopenes; keeps the PSA at 1.2) and it's great.  Takes about 2 minutes
from opening can to removing from microwave.

> The cat food is in cans, but with a pop-top.

I give my cat only dry.  It's better for her teeth.  Wet is too much
trouble.  I know, she's deprived, but what she doesn't know won't hurt her.

Andy