[lit-ideas] Re: more cell phone spottings

  • From: Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 03:03:00 -0800 (PST)

Back in late 90's, in a lecture series about
something, I attended a speech by Sari Baldauf, the
then head of Nokia's mobile phone division. I remember
she had three phones, which were prioritirized, one
she could ignore, the other she checked to see who
called but didn't answer, and the third she had to

Somebody asked her how mobile phones help people at
Nokia communicate. Her answer, "We communicate too
much as it is, so it isn't really helpful... Excuse
me, I have to take this. (...) See what I mean?" And
the phone rang again much to our amusement.

Helsinki, Finland