[lit-ideas] Re: books on amazon

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 00:28:46 EST

It does amaze me when shipping & handling comes to more than the price  of
the book.  I use abebooks.com alot -- I've found a lot of antiquey  (well, my
Mother's growing up years ....hope she doesn't read this) out of print
childrens' books which she's been searching for for years on their site for a
song.
Ain't the 'net wunnerful.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: books on amazon
Date: 1/15/06 10:46:22 PM Central Standard Time  From:
_eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Robert: I believe the part about  Powell's.

See? Powell's would cost me nothing, whereas going
with the murky Amazon people could ring me up a
couple grand.

It  DOES pay to shop around; if for no other reason
than shopping around is  exhausting and you may
realize, before plopping down the platinum card,
that you don't really want the book.

Case in point. I walked to  Coliseum Books
(www.coliseumbooks.com) from 85th and Park. By the
time I  got there, I was too exhausted to buy
anything except George Saunders'  _Pastoralia_ in
trade paperback. Must have saved about $50 on that
one.