[lit-ideas] Re: books on amazon

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:46:22 -0500

Robert: I believe the part about Powell's.

See? Powell's would cost me nothing, whereas going with the murky Amazon people could ring me up a couple grand.

It DOES pay to shop around; if for no other reason than shopping around is exhausting and you may realize, before plopping down the platinum card, that you don't really want the book.

Case in point. I walked to Coliseum Books (www.coliseumbooks.com) from 85th and Park. By the time I got there, I was too exhausted to buy anything except George Saunders' _Pastoralia_ in trade paperback. Must have saved about $50 on that one.