[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete, well, okay, a little bit

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:19:50 -0500

I think Eric is arguing less that Saddam was a monster than that
the Americans are a species apart and would never hurt anybody if they could help it.

Nope, just adding commentary on the horror of war.

And again, as with the earlier iteration of this thread, arguing that there is a difference between having cases of abuse and having institutionalized those cases of abuse. What makes Saddam a monster (which is more to the point) is that he institutionalized those abuses, as in the article I posted about surgically maiming deserters.