[lit-ideas] Re: War, no sort of about it

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:03:20 EDT

In a message dated 8/14/2005 10:04:18 AM Central Standard Time,
aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Likewise Marlena's confirmation that people are a bunch of zombies who need
G-d to help them get through a day.
Dear Andy,
HEY!  I don't think people are a bunch of zombies--you're the one who thinks
they are inherently evil!  NOT me!

I was just trying to affirm that your viewpoint is a particular one which is
shared by many of those who do need G-d's nature to live internally within
them so that their nature will be changed into a nature which is one that you
(or
anyone) would say is 'okay'.  Coming from the point of view of man having an
evil nature but needing/finding a solution to have that changed so that they
can work through those pieces and become a People who 'do good'--well, the only
thing I will say is that it is a whole lot more positive than some points of
view. as they are at least working towards personal growth and development of
some sort--albeit through a rationalization.  That's better than just jumping
off a cliff because one could not figure out any way to change oneself to stop
doing the evil which was reeking out and hurting others!  I will grant that
point of view that much!

Though I don't agree with that point of view, I do not think of them as a
bunch of zombies -- or are you saying they are that way because they have an
evil
nature?

What does puzzle me with your point of view is that if people are inherently
evil (as I hear you saying), how do you think they can possibly change to live
up to the standards that you think they ought to be living?  Why do you
continue to hold People to a standard that you claim they could not ever even
come
close to meeting?

Just curious,
Marlena in Missouri