[lit-ideas] Re: War, no sort of about it

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:47:48 -0400

This is true.  The mind would probably step in and block the experience at
least in part.  That's the origin of the "out of body experience" I think,
as well as of PTSD, the submerging of the terror and its continual
resurfacing.  It's still a no go on talking me into getting eaten by a
grizzly to prove it doesn't hurt that much.  BTW, the grizzly incident
happened in 2003.  It's now a documentary.  Below is a review.  Sorry about
your foot.  You were one tough little kid.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050811/REVIEWS/5
0726001/1023

Andy