[lit-ideas] Re: War, no sort of about it

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:03:59 -0400

I heard St. Augustine land on his head with a thump on the garbage heap as
I read this, along with the entire Middle Ages.  Man is no good, Christ had
to die for us, etc.  It's curious that Christ didn't die of pneumonia.  He
had to be tortured to death by fellow humans.  Think that says anything?
Likewise Marlena's confirmation that people are a bunch of zombies who need
G-d to help them get through a day.  It strikes me that the natural
condition of this big brained imbecile called man is to live in a perpetual
Middle Ages.  Astonishingly, 54% of Americans in the 21st century believe
that man sprang full blown from the head of God, in other words, oppose
Darwin.  I imagine what's astonishing to the 54% is that 100% don't believe
it.

Eric, when people are alone, unless they're torturing animals or hurting
themselves or writing computer viruses, by definition there can be no evil.
Discussing group behavior is discussing evil.  So we return to our
conclusion that humans are either crabs in a bucket without god or sheep
with a shepherd with god.  Marlena, how do Christians reconcile that god
made both the lion and the lamb, and he made it the lion's job to eat the
lamb?  BTW, Marlena, can you supply examples of when I attacked you
personally?  Specific quotes would be appreciated .

Andy Amago