[lit-ideas] Re: VERY VERY VERY GOOD NEWS

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 23:47:53 -0600

Dear Irene and others,

I deeply appreciate any support I can garner in this world and I deeply appreciate your supportive intentions. But Paul is right. Erin and I are friends and tease and taunt each other freely. It might seem strange that people so disparate in age could be friends, what on earth do we have to offer each other? Well, I presage for Erin how her parents will be in years to come and she reminds me of what my children were like when they were young. It's a fair exchange.

I'm not going to lecture Paul on the need to be sweeter to those who come to my defense even if in error, but only because he too came to my defense in a kind of round about way. Nor will I lecture Phil even though he didn't come to my defense, round aboutly or otherwise, but because like him, I am infinitely patient. Nor and I going to lecture Carol K and Omar K (hey, there's a coincidence -- or is it?) for using my Subject heading to insult one another. I count both as friends of mine and won't have them quarrelling over my Subject. Which Subject is, if Lawrence didn't notice, a tease at him -- the "very, very, very" -- so I've been very, very, very inclusive in my group hug.

Thanks to all who sent mazel tovs and mazal tovs and simcha tovs and simcha tovas and congrats. Maybe all this bickering over the birth of an infant forebodes a new religion. Maybe she's the long awaited Messiah. I hope she fares better than Jesus did.

Thanks all.  Pictures to follow soon.
Mike Geary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 3/3/2006 11:49:42 PM

>Now why am I not shocked that you write this? A congratulations is a >congratulations, and that was a crock of shit in the "I was only kidding >category". I'm getting to where more and more I agree with Kurt
Vonnegut
>when he says the Earth will be happy to shake the human race off one >day.
>There is *nothing* good about these loathsome little creatures called
>humans. That anybody can think as disgusting a comment as that is is
put
>forth as a congratulations is not helping me change my mind. If you
think
>her congratulations is clever or cute, then you're fucked up.

Listen dickhead, Erin is a personal friend of Mike -- something which
is COMPLETELY evident from the conversations -- let alone the pics
that are posted on the blog as well as previous Erin's posts linking
us to her shutterbugs or whatever -- here of the last couple of
years.. Her 'congratulations' was meant as a joke which harkened back
to the discussion of the pronunciation of Mike's grandchillin's name.
So quit callling me fucked up when you are so clearly suffering from
one of your cluelessness episodes. As David said "now THAT'S Funny"!

paul

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx