[lit-ideas] Re: Sick dogs and virtue epist.

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:00:17 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Walter Okshevsky <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
Sent: Jun 11, 2004 9:10 AM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Sick dogs and virtue epist.

Not really one of your more enlightening posts, Robert. Querying whether
Erin's dog really "knows" anything would have been more interesting.

But an even more interesting question that emerges from the dog story is
whether we can hold people morally responsible for their unjustified
beliefs.

A.A.  Interesting question.  Brings to mind the Twinkie Defense.  He got off, I
believe.  If a parent indoctrinates their kid with, say, hatred of dogs, and
the kid goes out and shoots dogs at random, is the kid responsible?  I suspect
the law would say yes.   Unless the kid is on a sugar high ...

The devil made me do it,
Andy Amago

Cheers, Walter
Memorial U