[lit-ideas] Re: See SAW

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 23:11:12 -0700 (PDT)

--- Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But back to the point:   I asked Andreas, "Are you
> arguing that the largely
> Shiite government doesn't want our continued
> support?"
>

> Andreas seemed to think he was providing evidence
> that the Shiite government
> didn't want our continued support, but nothing he
> provided contained that
> evidence.

*He did provide evidence that the Iraqi public,
including Shiite, wants the US withdrawal. But I am
not sure that the current Shiite government wants it,
seeing that it is too weak to control Shia and Sunni
militias. See:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/HE06Ak02.html

So it looks like the US has created a failed state
that it will permanently require US military presence
to keep it from falling apart. Maybe this has been the
goal all along.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com