[lit-ideas] Re: Secretly ...

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 12:37:47 -0500

Christmas and New Year's were on Sunday.  Garbage Day is on Thursday.  This is
the first time they needed a whole extra day, so something was different this
year.  More junk to throw out is a fair guess.  Waste Mangement is the biggest
in the world, or that's what I read somewhere.  Garbage is, believe it or, real
big business.  And good thing, too, or we'd all be in trouble.

How do you know Baby Boomers wish they had done whatever it is they wish they
had done?  Which Baby Boomers, and which Gen X' Y-ers?  All of them?  Some of
them?  It seems to me Baby Boomers did their share of clever advertising and
other things.  Generalizations are always ... self serving?  Let's try this
generation:  "young" people all think the world began the day they were born.