[lit-ideas] Re: Reason and Politics

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steve Chilson <stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:25:21 -0330

Steve's post below does clarify a great deal. A first thought is that the issue
of imposing values and principles on people is different from the matter of
educating people into a life of rational autonomy, and different too, though
less so, from the matter of justifying the universal validity of a moral
framework or form of governance. I'm only interested in the latter issue here.

Thanks, Steve, for the clarity.

Walter C. Okshevsky
MUN