[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:15:43 -0400

For starters, they could pay less or nothing, which is what I think he as a
libertarian is going for.  How much less, and by whom, and where would the
collected taxes go?  I'll guess he'd get rid of SS, Medicare and Medicaid,
which would save a lot of money.  How would that change the country do you
think?  Would he then get rid of the EPA, OSHA, FCC, FTC and the other
departments?  Who would pay for infrastructure repair?  Who would care
about air and water quality?  In short, would things be better if we all
kept 100% of the money we make?  And if so, how?  Just wondering.