[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 07:29:40 -0500

Brian:
> Hard to believe that more people are not outraged by the onerous tax
> practices in this country....

Trust me, I am outraged.  I believe that any income over $100,000 per year
should be taxed at a 90 percent rate.  I would allow no deductions except
for donations to moi.  Paying taxes doesn't bother me.  We Americans pay
very little in taxes.  It's that we get so little in return that pisses me
off.  At minimum we should have national health insurance.  But when you
spend more on your military than all the rest of the world COMBINED, what
can you expect?  God bless George Bush.

Mike Geary
Memphis