[lit-ideas] Re: Ownership and the possessive case

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 14:52:54 -0230

If I may, I believe Jl's account is historiographically innacurate. The facts
clearly indicate that Witters challenged Popper to a game of *poker* - a card
game played frequently in America and some parts of Canada in which the loser
ends up naked (in one form or another).

Upon recognizing W's speech act, Bertie immediately intervened in an attempt to
dissuade Karl from accepting the challenge, knowing full well Witter's
extraordinary abilities at this game and his willingness to render other
players penniless and destitute. As a result of Bertie's intervention, Karl did
manage to leave with his shirt still on, although reports indicate that his left
eyebrow was singed. Anything else is commentary.

Walter O.
Chief Librarian
Department of Logic, Metaphysics and Cards
St. John's College,
Cambridge, Ontario

Quoting Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx: