[lit-ideas] Re: Opinion needed

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 23:02:02 -0500

Oh, please, believe me -- I didn't begin to list "everything" -- only the
high points.

Perhaps wives would feel more comfortable if we were to simply lower
self-esteem and marital conversation to the "everything I do is of value but
it's only what is expected of me and since it doesn't reap greenbacks I'm
not pulling my weight" perspective.

Actually, this entire discussion is a moot point for me -- my children are
largely grown; the finances are not a real issue between myself and my
husband.

And yet ..... it was not that long ago that this sort of double-standard of
justice or earning or worth or value was a fairly significant place in the
family's lives.

Perhaps, in that short space of time, things have coalesced significantly.

I hope so.

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 10:51 PM, Paul Stone <pastone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Julie,
>
> The fact that you list everything is telling that YOU are sitting in
> disconsolate opprobrium of how you AREN'T appreciated. We men just
> take it for granted, so it doesn't phase us. I could make a list of
> what I do everyday without so much as a word of encouragement, support
> or even acknowledgement,  but I fear that gmail  would cut me off
> before I finished.

Julie Krueger

Visit www.VoteForChange.com. Register to vote and help spread the word.